Hosted by: National Museums of Kenya
Nairobi, February 24-26, 2021
Museum Education in Africa
Innovation, Sustainability and Lifelong Learning
Commonwealth Association of Museums
National Museums of Kenya
UNESCO Regional Office for Eastern Africa
The Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers (CCEM) is meeting in Nairobi March 1-5, 2021. As a pre-CCEM event, the Commonwealth Association of Museums (CAM), National Museums of Kenya (NMK), ICOM Kenya, and UNESCO Regional Office for Eastern Africa are collaborating to organise a workshop on Museum Education for museum and cultural heritage professionals throughout Africa.
Topics to be covered include:
- Roundtable Discussions covering issues in various countries; participants bring educational materials for discussion/peer-review
- Museum Interpretation Principles & Techniques
- Learning Styles: Explore Quotient; Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, etc.
- 10 Steps in Developing Educational Programmes
- Community Programming: Informal/Continuing Education
- Integrating Museums into National Curricula
- Teacher Expectations
- Developing Curriculum-based Education Programmes
- Developing Resources for Teachers
- Identifying Links Between School Curricula in Africa and Museums
- Innovative Educational Programming: Case Studies
For further information, contact: CatherineC.Cole@telus.net.